Monday, June 16, 2008

Mixing It Up for Good Results

This past Saturday was my third time on my bike this summer. The first and second times were on the beach. I really don't count one of them as a "workout," because I couldn't ride hard and fast. It was mostly a mode of transportation to get from parking to the beach. During the other one, I was able to ride some sprints, so that was an okay first bike workout for the season.

Even though my bike needed to be serviced before taking it out again, I had the opportunity to ride this weekend, since I didn't work, and could not pass it up. It's been a while since I've had a Sat/Sun weekend! A friend from Savannah was visiting, so we hit the Silver Comet Trail for twenty (miles). It was fantastic! I could have done thirty!

What I especially want to tell you about, though, is the workout system my friend brought with him for me to review. It is Tony Horton's 12 workout CD and nutrition program called Extreme Body Workout. I want to share my two experiences with two of the workouts. On Saturday, we followed our bike ride with an hour stretch led by Tony. Many of the stretches he led us through are taught in yoga classes as well. On Sunday, we completed a 75 minute yoga session. The stretch CD was extremely beneficial, and the yoga session was challenging and awesome. The combination of these weekend workouts was just enough to make me appreciate muscles in my body and rendered recuperation for today.

I added the web site to my list, so you can research the information. I am not trying to convince you to purchase it, but if you want to work out at home, this is an affordable and challenging workout plan that I honestly believe will give you results quicker than you can imagine.

No comments: